Wednesday 25 July 2007

WAIT.........

Lady at work who said to me today, "oh, but I guess you must be used to experiencing things like this all the time, coming from Africa." (BTW we were talking about the floods at this point)

Lady, know this, you caught me unawares yaani, I didn't see that one coming.
And today I gave you full marks- I had to. You must be one STUPID person or VERY BRAVE to have actually thought that in your head and then proceeded to verbalise. Today you got marks for being brave. But this paper is being remarked. Kesho, we educate you. Don't forget to bring your brain and let's hope you have one. First you will have to spell AFRICA in capital letters. The FLOODS in lower case.


And sticking with work..........the one who will have his bed made for him everyday(till November) by a strange woman he has never met - yes the man who lives my life but he doesn't know it ( I was supposed to be living in hotels- I a sure a star sign somewhere must say that)., yes, the man who is JUST ABOUT TO MAKE ME HIS PA (Poleni wegine, in fact if I were you, potential applicants I would not bother applying)-ANYWAY HIM IN GABORONE (isn't that a shop for kids clothes?)

It would help if I could get to the assignment right- apparently I have to write 8 facts or is it things about how I earn my living.

  • At my "before we let you out into the world" pep talk at Uni, the professor looked at us and said and I quote,"fact, each of you will be sued at least once in your working life ".He was addressing the whole class.

  • I spend a good part, ha why lie, I spend most of my working day behind a mask and with gloves on.

  • Most people hate "people like me" just because.- I feel victimised. I don't cause pain, it is what I found in your mouth that is the source of your pain- your don't believe me. Haiya next time you need a tooth extracted go to a chiropodist and see if the results are any different.

  • Some people are SHOCKED when I write out prescriptions and referral letters coz they expect not to be able to read my writing(apparently it is a mark of the trade I am in) but ha, I write like a type -writer lakini kufanya spell check mi muvivu.

  • I have to be able to react within seconds to any medical emergency and boy, that is not easy at all.Especially when the patient feels it is none of your business to know what medication he is on .

  • I watch cartoons just so I can have something to talk about with my younger patients although most of them just want the stickers and balloons I give. NO I DO NOT AND WILL NOT GIVE SWEETS.

  • By law if there is no nurse in the room, I can't work (no, I am not being investigated for the three types of crazy)lakini sii I told you any one of my patients can sue me, so we need a witness (patient and I) that is the nurse. So if some drop dead gorgeous dude came in to have his meno checked out and I end up ACCIDENTALLY rubbing his chest and he says "sijui I touched him inappropriately" and I say I was checking heart beat.Nurse will say................................hivyo ndivyo ilivyo.

  • I have the radio/ CD on when I work and I sing along.In fact I normally tell the patients if I stop singing, that is when they should worry.Yaani, iku kitu.And yes because my name is "different"(read foreign) most of them say, we are here to see the singing.......

Kweli this enough evidence.

25 comments:

feather said...

Am I the first?! found your post funny and interesting. as usual.
P.S: about the lady at work. forgive her for she did not know what she was doing.

Half 'n' half said...

Ati you watch cartoon so that you can have something in common with your younger patients? Ya right!

Half 'n' half said...

How to explain touching the chest hair? looking for teeth? You cause me pain I will not believe that its all my fault!
Funny funny list

Anonymous said...

Hiaya....kumbe you are a dentist!

Nice!

Hiyo swimming costume imetolewa ama bado? Besides....have you been showering vile there is no water those sides? Afterall, you should be used to it coming from AFRICA.

gishungwa said...

Tato/Spidey you got company two dentists and i like them hmmm. Just admit you love cartoons i do too as for hunk can i be the nurse i will collaborate.

Anonymous said...

Ok Ok.

First things first. Slap that B%&$h. do it again for measure.

Ati that dude will have his Bed made til NOV? Lucky Bastard!! Oooops thats me..

Are you a dentist or Surgeon? We had a bet with Super....

To echo HnH, what r U doing touching hairs on the chest? Do U also check out how well the hunk is built huko Below?

That position for PA - aki you sound like the right candidate.... lakini ngoja kidogo...Chill.

Unyc said...

So have u been sued yet coz i'd like to be the one 2 do it...loool

My dentist gvs sweets and cookies...(nikuseme)...

Unknown said...

I have an irrational fear of dentists but maybe I will make an exception provided you can sing along and we can talk cartoons. I'm impressed by your list anyway.

Anonymous said...

you know I was somaring this manenos and i was like hmm ati anavaa gloves and masks whole day ? so my makendes is like what medical field is that??? kumbe its densitry ... hmm To be honest I dont know how it feels to bea different field other than engineering... yaani how do guys cram all that sijui First Bicuspid?Deciduous Teeth ati mpaka you call my gums Gingivae**!! i Jua this cuz this one mexican dentist once told me amigo you have .. Gingival hypertrophy *&^$%%$ B.I.T*C *H am like WTF ....

chiropodist in kitu ghani tena ?

Erick said...

I'm one of the few who look forward to the dentist's appointment. Si you hook me up with a tank (or ten) of nitrous :-) ? Very soothing....

Three types of Crazy said...

@feather- she really didn't.

@2 halves-okay you got me here.I mean Timon and Pumba are my buddies and these kids don't feel me.So when I watch balamory- that one is for the kids and dora the explorer.
atii how to explain touching the chest- CPR.
I can simply say, I saw the patient's eyes close and thought he had collapsed and therefore VERY QUICKLY decided to administer KISS OF LIFE.

@mocha- about the showering, they tell me the water is safe to shower now but not safe to drink.
notice how I am refusing to admit profession- tip toe-ing.

@gishungwa- lakini jua nurse looks but doesn't touch UNLESS I SAY SO. Sawa?

@gone till november-can I be a dental surgeon? your bet with super- ny cash involved, if so- I am a post man. now hand over the money.
packing bags ready to be called to gaborone- smiling with clip board in hand.

@unyc- and those sweets are sugar-free huh? No, I have not been sued yet and I want to retire like quickly.I have had a complaint once tough from a lady who said, she didn't like my bedside manner. Now tell mehow you repond to that one? kwani where did she she a bed? and I was kali with this particular lady but anyone would have been. You know she opened her mouth and I wanted to slap her, her mother, her mother's mother, that ones mother.I asked her which end of the toothbrush she used- SHE WAS NOT AMUSED. IN my defence those menos.....ish.

@kirima- now we are going to have to face that fear.next time you go, take your i-pod with you and ask loads of questions BUT DO NOT ANNOY the dentist-(he/she still holds the injection).If that fails- I will sing to you- just let me know in advance what you would like- we get the CD in.If you really good, I will even dance.

@kip-when you are 65plus years old you will njua a chiropodist.after 5 years of reading about meno okay and a bit of medicine thrown in for good measure- you would hope I have learnt about gingivae.
AndI feel like I can't do anything else but meno. OH AND PA of course(for him who is looking for one!)

Anonymous said...

3TOC wewe ni dentist???loooooooooooooooooooooool to infinity!!!

Aki si na ubaya..i got mad love for you..lakini si then aki you pea me the number for booking appointments??i swear i'll pay double ..long as you is crazy with gloves and a mask on too!!Umenifurahisha mamii.

Jobo is flooded pia ama??

Juju said...

And you know this!! lol, u r too funny!

Three types of Crazy said...

@erick-clearly it is not the fillings you enjoy-atii you want what already.......now you we will have to put you through desensitisation slowly.

@betty-wewe, you are geeting either a sticker or balloon- kucheka hivyo!!!!Kwaniyou will py double- how many teeth do you have?
I will get my people to call your people.
Yes, I agree you do have MAD love tihihi.

@majonzi- kwani you went on a ka-hiatus ama?

Anonymous said...

YIKES! i read the second fact and i thought you were a boxer...but no worse...a dentist!?!

I've spent the better part of maisha with a dentist...not in bed...OUCH! enuff said. Yaani, if it wasn't for me that shinde wouldn't have been bought.

Huku hatukupewa peremende ama sticker...si you hook us up with laughing gas?

NGOJA like inexes, chapa huyo mwanamke mpaka she loses taste in her mouth...sheji type.

haiya where was i..nice list interesting. humerous...

oh, yes, which tooth iko kwa kifua?

egm said...

What if it's a male nurse who has his eye on you and when he onas you rubbing kifua ya patient he semas that's the time he can get his and tells you he won't staki you if you give him rubs too?

W. said...

interesting and funny list. you're a dentist surgeon, cool..I know its wrong but I haven't been to a dentist in years..(ducks off and looks for shelter :)

Anonymous said...

can you be my dentist ? and I be your patient ? .. hata kama ni dakika moja tu I Will not sue

Anonymous said...

@Inexes....ati bet? we didnt bet... we just read the tell-tale signs & for sure...

@3TOC...just touching base after a long absence. Fascinating stuff.......super not got off-guard at all.

I know this orthodontist gal...just crazy like u.

So are u & Inexes setting up a practice in Gaberone, Dar or ? Nice duo.

Well will definitely pay for the priest (Ndingi-Mwana Nzeki- are u listening?) and wedding cake.

later.

Prettylyf said...

lol you are funny sana! Eti when you stop singing iko kitu hehehe. Glad you don't give sweets, go you!

Anonymous said...

@3TOC...hebu confirm that mulalo = mugoroki = mwend(w)a---?

Three types of Crazy said...

@modo who thinks I am a boxer- I am sure the people who walk out after meno have been "ngulewad" feel that way.
About this dentist you spnt the better part of maisha with- what happened- u also put complaint, "i don't like her bedside mannerisms!"
STICKERS ARE ON THEIR WAY- winnie the pooh ama barbie ama scooby doo?Peremende hupati!!!

@egm- now why do you have to mess up my game like this? mmmmhhhh note to self- I will NEVER agree to work with a male nurse. I am not being sex-ist, just looking out for HIM really.

@wambui- just cover you head with both your hands and WAIL!!!!And how many times have you been to have a pedicure? Next question, so what would you rather have a chipped nail ot three missing teeth? Okay, don't mean to scare you.I guess if your diet is good, you clean your teeth well and you are not in pain........wapi, GO AND SEE A DENTIST.

@kip-signs and symptoms please?nii CPR unataka ama nini?

@super- now you..... I think I have read somewhere that you are like round the corner and you ask how long is that corner huh? Atii you went to wales, kwani is it bridge fare you didn't want to pay? why didn't you bring water for flood victims kidogo? Alaafu you want sijui podcast for the PA interview- when you could have had the red thing- potelea mbali tena sana.
LOOKING AT YOU WITH A BAD EYE RIGHT NOW.
Alaafu ? niwapi? Atii me and Inexes are setting up practice in Gaborone, Dar or ? niwapi hapo.

@prettylyf - sii that is like your doctor giving you a cigarete as you leave ama?


@super- yaani you are still writting.........from round the corner.Okay now I am looking at you with two bad eyes.

Anonymous said...

@3TOC...kwani wewe bad eyes kwanini? will ensure u get the PA job. no worries LOL. haki I feel 4 the flood victims poleni wenzangu. atleast a whispered a prayer 4 u gals.

Anonymous said...

? ni hapo hapo

Anonymous said...

Now that INEXES has decided to frame me bila huruma----AND 3TOC is now looking at me with TWO BAD EYES, (juzi, Betty was mad at me too--eti anataka list..) what should I do to appease the powers that be? please advise